The Ranger Point Precision Flyweight lever action Loading Gate greatly reduces the effort required to stoke your Marlin. It's a masterfully tuned, competition grade part right out of the gate. SASS approved.
Starting with a massive reduction in spring weight, the RPP gate requires only about 1.5 lbs. of force to open fully, while the factory loading gate can require in excess of 5 lbs.
Next, they redesigned the lever-action loading gate to offer substantially more clearance for cartridges, further reducing load effort. This is a significant benefit when loading fat, straight wall ammo like the Marlin 444. In fact, during testing we discovered that we could load a .444 dummy through the gate of a typical Marlin 336 .30-30, without benefit of the Model 444's magazine tube clearance bulge. That's first class leg room!
They paid very careful attention to the inside "feed lip" area of the gate, optimizing geometry to ease gate opening against an on-deck round, and offer smooth feeding, with perfect case head control. With every gate precisely CNC machined from solid bar stock and hand polished, consistent results are assured.
- Material is 7075-T6 aluminum, the strongest grade available. Engineered for highly stressed air frames, 7075 has extraordinary fatigue strength for thousands of flex cycles without failure. When anodized, it has a surface hardness exceeding hardened steel, for excellent wear properties.
RPP Flyweight Marlin Loading Gate Features:
- Spring weight reduced by up to 70%
- No tuning required, saving you time and hassle
- Greatly increased cartridge clearance
- No knife sharp edges
- Easy loading and smooth, reliable feeding
- 10-15 minute installation time
- Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) approved